It’s not always easy to find quality non-toxic makeup swaps for your favorite products. Over the years, I’ve cultivated my must-haves. Thankfully, more and more brands are emerging creating more options than ever before.
Before, I dive in, let me state that I am the furthest thing from a beauty influencer. In fact, I prefer to go au naturel most days. Then there are those times when I have back-to-back Zoom calls, or a summer BBQ to attend and I want to feel more presentable. For those instances, I turn to these products again and again.
I love everything from the ingredients to the simplicity of application. Many of the products I use don’t require brushes. If you’re like me and prefer a simple face-enhancing look then continue reading.
Here are the clean make-up products that made the cut:
MY STAPLE NON-TOXIC MAKE-UP PRODUCTS
- Kjaer Weis “The Beautiful Tint”: This tinted moisturizer is the creme of the crop when it comes to non-toxic brands. It blends well and feels super light and luxurious.
- RMS Uncover Up: This product has been in my makeup for the past 5+ years. It’s great to cover up blemishes or even to use as a light foundation. I often have red splotches on my skin and this is my savior.
- Westman Atelier Face Trace Contour Stick: Love this bronzing contour stick. I keep my face out of the sun and use this to give the illusion of a little tan. Just swipe and blend with your fingers.
- Kjar Weis Eye Liner: I tend to skip eye shadow and use liner instead. I’ve been using this one for the past few months and love it.
- Ilia Mascara: I’ve tried many brands and this is the one I always go back to. Gives you a fuller look without being over the top.
- Kjar Weis Lipstick: Recently, purchased this moisturizing lipstick in Believe. I didn’t have an “everyday” color and this one is definitely what my makeup bag needed.
WHERE TO BUY CLEAN, NON-TOXIC MAKEUP BRANDS
Also, love The Detox Market.
Some of these brands are carried at department stores or retailers like Blue Mercury. I prefer Credo because I know everything they carry will be at a higher standard. Many of the stores with a mix of conventional and clean products often don’t know enough about the individual brands to guide you in the selection process.
If you want to give your everyday makeup bag a makeover, these products and brands are a good place to start!