Here are 8 journal prompts for when you feel unsuccessful and need to realign with your vision. We’ve all had days where we feel like we are failing.
If you are feeling rundown from constantly working toward something but are not seeing your desired result. Or it’s taking longer than expected to get to where you want to be. Maybe you are constantly comparing yourself to others leaving you feeling down. My favorite way to work through those feelings is to take a step back and journal them out.
Journaling is a great way to put things into perspective and realign with your vision. So many times we think we are unsuccessful or “failing” when in fact we’ve made a lot of progress. It helps to see the bigger picture.
To get the most out of a journaling session, I find it helpful to have prompts to address certain things. I’m not going to lie, I do not journal consistently, or often. However, when I feel stuck, I will take a pen and paper and start writing.
I try to write freely and dedicate at least a paragraph to each question. Sometimes one question will end up with 1 page worth of writing! It can help calm those negative feelings and see things from a new lens.
Here are 8 journal prompts for when you feel unsuccessful:
- How am I feeling today?
- What led me to feel this way?
- What is a recent accomplishment big or small?
- Describe your ultimate goal/dream?
- What is one small thing I can do today to get closer to that dream?
- Is there a negative thought, I can view as a positive?
- What would happen if I embraced the process and let go of the timeline?
- What are 3 things I am grateful for in my life right now?
Have you ever tried journaling before? If so, do you find it makes you feel better? Share in the comments below.