Today I’ve rounded up 12 life-changing books recommended by the career women we’ve interviewed in our work-life balance series over the past year. Some I’ve read and some I still need to dig into. I’m piling them up and planning to hopefully get through a few this summer in between baby. Might be wishful thinking but when there is a will there is a way!
Books are my main source of motivation and inspiration, especially during challenging times. I think we can all agree the past year and a half certainly falls into that category. What I love about books like these is that they can change your outlook and perspective instantaneously, and often guide you to find the opportunity in the chaos. Some have really changed my life and have made me a better person. So you can say I’m pretty excited to read the ones I haven’t yet.
If you need a little motivation, inspiration or want to get unstuck, achieve your dreams — then check out some of these recommended reads from other like-minded women. This stack of personal development books is perfect for your summer reading list. Time to get cozy in your lounge chair, grab yourself a kombucha, and dig into a book from this list that speaks to you. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
12 Life-Changing Books
1. The Untethered Soul, Michael Singer
2. Daring Greatly, Brené Brown
3. Alpha Girls, Julian Guthrie
4. Extreme Ownership, Leif Babin & Jocko Willink
5. Losing My Virginity: How I Survived, Had Fun and Made a Fortune Doing Business My Way, Richard Branson
6. You are the Placebo, Dr. Joe Dispenza
7. A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose, Eckhart Tolle
8. The Razor’s Edge by Somerset Maugham
9. Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
10. 5 Day Weekend by Garrett Gunderson and Nik Halik
11. Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
12. Spirit Junkie, Gabrielle Bernstein
Have you read these? What are some of your favorites life-changing books?